Sunday, April 20, 2008

I HELD BACK MY HAND ON THIS YOUNG PUNK'S FACE.

Last night I emceed a very dear friend, Mrs Catherine Jeremiah aka Catherine Goon's 60th Birthday. Her daughter Mirelle, whose wedding I also emceed asked me to do likewise for her mom. I agreed to because IT IS AN HONOR that I couldn't let slip by. Cat, as we all know her, has always put her family and friends before anything. She epitomises CARING. She is a fantastic wife, mother, granma, daughter, sister, sister-in-law and a daughter-in-law that any outlawed mother-in-law would always pray for but seldom get. She whips up the best mutton dalcha, everytime I get myself invited to the Jeremiahs. Her greatest fault though is EVERYBODY COMES FIRST.....and in the process she forgets about her own well-being, most often. But that's Cat for you and we all love her.....we do Cat.
Whilst taking a oxygen-break outside and topping up on the amber upper, I overheard a young punk (a gate-crasher?) pass this stale, over-used statement I used to hear during my early virginal days: "Why buy a cow when you can get the milk for free." This happened to be Cat's night and I was not going to spoil it. Fortunately for him, I was called back to the hall. If this was said in a pub, you bet the scenario would be.................Anyway, to this little sausage, the second part of the poster (above) is specially composed for you. Show it to your parents if you can muster enough girth in your little sausage. Well, I got it off my chest.....a good stiff milo would be appropriate after last night and todays lunch binge.

THIS POSTING IS DEDICATED TO CATHERINE JEREMIAH
AND MY DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, NOLIE, PAULINE, NANIE,POH LIN, SHELA
WHO GAVE UP THEIR JOBS TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR KIDS.....A BIG SACRIFICE
AND TO ALL THE WOMEN BEHIND US ALL.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great jab-back.
People should really think before they open their mouths. MCP's(male chauvanist pigs) should learn to keep their mouths shut.

Thanks for this.

Michelle

zorro said...

Michelle, tks for dropping by....Yes, I just cannot take snide remarks, borrowed and bandied around and deriding another party.

lanaibeach said...

Desperate housewives
They aren’t for sale
Maybe they don’t need to
They string all the power

Only desperate guys
Chasing after the rainbow
Linking their lips
Wah….look at those women!

Equality should be shared
Nobody should take advantage
If guys think they are great horses
They better think hard on it

The Amazing Women
They are ruling the planet soon
They will hold the sticks
I don’t know where the guys will hide

It is long time guys behave
The women for their slaves
Now the way will be changed
The women know about their power
They can do great job with it

So the guys better learn quickly
Know the limit walk with peace
One day when we wake up
We will be a scarce commodity

Too many women so few men
The guys will be desperate
Looking for places to hide
Believe me if we don’t learn yet
We will pay for our deeds

Anonymous said...

Boy, that young punk should be lucky it was you, zorro. If it were me, there would have been a broken bridge!

Yes, thank God for all the women behind us.

Anonymous said...

"....not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage..."

But why not?

If it is one a heck of a sausage (like a cili padi) it might still be worth it. Besides, the sausage is reusable every day and night to last many years if you maintain and service it well. So you might still get your money's worth in the long run.

Sorry boss. Just couldn't resist a reparte. Don't get angry-ah.

patrickteoh said...

Like some of your comment-ers I might not have been that tolerant and patient with that young punk. But it is a testimony to your wisdom that you walked away. I wish I had your wise approach. I was at my kids' school PIBG meeting yesterday. As usual I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and brought up two topics which I thought was relevant to my kids' wellbeing and development as young people. Excessive Homework and lack of promotion of English as a language of communication. I was told off rather patronisingly by the headmistress who said, in not these exact words, that I should remember that it was a Chinese school. And in a Chinese school the language of communication is Chinese. She went on to say, in Mandarin, that too much English had been used in the PIBG meeting and that she should revert to Chinese. Because it is a Chinese school. At the time the majority of the PIBG members present were non-Chinese speaking parents. Malays and 2 Indian couples. She tried to explain that when meetings are held in national schools they are always in Bahasa Malaysia even though 90% of the audience are Chinese. This prompted one of the Malay parents to retort that Malay and English are languages which Malaysians are most familiar with and could understand. Chinese is not. And since it was a PIBG meeting then the meeting should and must be communicated accurately and be understood by all present, not just Chinese and Chinese-speaking parents.

Lots more happened that morning including the vice chairman of the PIBG telling me off saying that I should mind my language because it was not in line with Chinese culture!!! He specifically brought up the point that I addressed the headmistress as "she" which apparently was not cultured or polite in Chinese culture!!! He went on to try and inform me that .."you know I study Confucius and..." that was when I decided that I should shut up and leave the assembly.

But more than anything else that I have described I got a distinct feeling of prejudice and racial overtones at that particular PIBG meeting. Why are school children still racially polarised? If you had been there that morning you would know.

Sorry to use your forum to rant, my old friend. My apologies.

zorro said...

Patrick, some of us Chinese never seem to get out of this vindictiveness. So what if he studied Confucius. He is not applying it.
as to being cultured and polite the Chinese curse the body part below in all shapes and flavor. How's that for being polite. For heaven's sake most of the parents, especially the non-chinese do not uderstand Chinese and the rule of thumb is you communicate in the language all can understnd. WTF, where did this woman come from.
Saturday night I let the young punk off....it was more bravado. I would have had my day in your place...possibility that I could boo her off the stage like I did in St.Francis Xavier's church during an election forum....the guy was fromer deputy Minister of Tourism, Donald Lim.

PATRICK, I can empathise with our Malay brothers when our chinese champions go high horse on the chinese language and culture. We are malaysians first and chinese second.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT WHEN U SAY MALAYSIAN FIRST, CHINESE SECOND....YOU THE MAN......